Tuesday 9 August 2011

What would Martha do next?

As I sit down to write this, I am not in a happy mood.I know I was not very active in the last weeks but lately I just feel so down, somehow nothing can cheer me up.I have to admit that I never was the kind of write-too- much-about-myself-blogger but somehow I feel to share this with someone, everyone. It is not actually a kind of sad state but an exhausted state I am in.I had been working a lot lately especially on my goodies.I still feet that sitting and crafting relaxes me a lot but I feel like I have overdone it lately and might need a break from it. Makes me feel both scared and resentful, although I’m not sure of whom. This does not mean that I will stop (I would not be able to do that) I just need to find a moderate balance between my everyday life and my crafts. I would be the happiest person if  I could make a living out of my crafts but that is not possible for now.This might be something I don't even dare to dream of somehow that feels even worse than feeling bad and being exhausted generally.Why don't I dare to dream anymore? I couldn't help but wonder if my past life experiences made me develop a too down to earth attitude? I just cannot deny I know I did  but guess what sometimes we’re running, trying to not look too closely at something we fear might be true about ourselves, aren't we? The most important now is to take a step back and acknowledge and observe.Why? To make sure I am curing the right problems. This gives me a nice distance to look at things from a different angle, which is helpful.

I also drew up some helpful tips for myself and you  for personal growth and moderateness ( in case you would be in the same situation and happen to read this).

 Count your blessings
Some weeks ago I read in an article that successful people do savoring. It means that you can be thankful even for the small things in life and being able to remember and relive memories.I have heard this before so many times but never thought about how to put it in action. Take time to look back but also forward. Taking the time to look back  helps to see that you are blessed in many ways. It builds up a kind of gratitude and appreciation towards yourself. All you have achieved can be realized in a more relaxed positive way.Visit all the past events good and bad on your inner TV taking enough time to savor. But never forget to look forward in the same time to make sure you are where things happen.

 Be there and slow down
Stop multitasking and focus on one thing at a time. Slow down to take time in your tasks. Doing less isn't bad. For a lot of time I was forcing myself into situations to be better and productive and do more and more. I have to say that these methods do not work!!! Doing less with my time has left me more satisfied at the end of my day.  I might have done less but what i have done was perfect. It also helped me improve my attitude in really difficult and stressful situations especially at work.

Growth and focus

You can't grow without pushing your limits.What does this mean?How can I achieve this without overdoing, over-exhausting myself? These were the first things I have asked myself at this point but i just had to face it this was the wrong approach. It is about deepening knowledge and reactions to situations.Even if it is hard with each challenge comes new growth. Engage in rewarding efforts. In order to develop in this way  it is inevitable to learn to see your mistakes not as personal flaws, but as the source of your most valuable life lessons.For me this is always the hardest part but you have to see these missteps as a part of a process. The most important is to stay focused on where you're headed.Find your direction in life by looking where you want to go, not where you don't.

Appreciate others
The best way to get over a bad phase is to meet others. This might sound harsh but you have to give a chance to life to slap you in the face with an other person. No not literally, what I mean is when you are getting to know someone else better you always realize that the problem you have is nothing compared to that someone's. For me that is the time when I realize that I have to try to do better.This gives you a lot of energy which you can waste on the ones you love believe me more will be coming back to you. By sharing what you have and know you will realize what you are ready to learn.

Start doing
Make this the day you stop dreaming and start doing. Take your time to realize what your real contribution is to life. Making dreams come true is not easy it is hard work and full of obstacles sometimes They say that it takes some time to get a chance from life.I know this might sound harsh but I don't believe in this type of faith. it only depends on you to be there when a chance happens. All I can say if you want to be there for sure you need to start things yourself. Make things happen!!!! Even if it is the smallest thing  it might make a big contribution in the whole process of getting there.

These are the thoughts I wanted to share for today. I will let you know how this self medication is working out for me and also look forward hearing your thoughts.

No comments :

Post a Comment