Saturday 4 December 2010

Christmas Cards

Quickie post today as I am supa behind! This is the first year I feel the pain to have made grandiose plans to be prepared, I hope it all will not fall through.The card making is really slow. We have to make 40 cards altogother.Luckily my brother  loves to help, and enjoys stamping and sticking bits.I just want to say a big thanks to M for the papers she got me last year!!!!! We love to use them for the cards.

I plan to make some small candy boxes for friends which we share on christmas day in the church. I have not decided as yet what I fill the boxes with. I found too many good recipes.This is one of them:

White Chocolate Peppermint Bark

Ingredients:
  • 2 bags Wilton's White Candy Melts (14 oz each) or other white chocolate (I prefer Wilton's because it melts, cools, and tastes fabulously, and is easily available at Michael's in the baking section)
  • 1/2 tsp Wilton's Pure Peppermint Oil (OIL not extract, and be sure to get the real stuff not artificial flavor - also at Michael's or baking supply/gourmet stores)
  • 9-12 candy canes, crushed (I put them in a Ziploc and hammer them into 1/4 inch pieces)
  • parchment paper
  • large cookie sheet (around 11x13) with a lip
Directions:
1. Bring water to a boil in a pan, then turn to low. Put the candy in a separate metal bowl and melt the candies over the pan of boiling water. Be sure no water gets into the chocolate. Wilton's candy melts very fast, so keep an eye on it.
2. Stir in the peppermint oil.
3. Using a spatula, spread the candy on parchment paper that has been placed in a cookie sheet until it  fills the cookie sheet but do not go too thin - I maybe leave an inch or so around the edges.
4. Place crushed candy canes on top of the melted chocolate. Refrigerate until cool, then break apart with a butter knife (it will break very easily when cool). Store in an airtight container.

(recipe source:papermonkey)





Posted by Picasa

No comments :

Post a Comment