I love the time before Christmas. Waiting an preparing and soaking up the atmosphere. One of the best things for a crafter about Christmas is making ornaments. Such a huge amount of techniques to choose from paper, clay, fabric. This year I decided to spice up the weeks coming and organize a swap.
I would like to invite you to join me for an ornament swap!
Here's how we will play. If you are interested please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org titled "Ornament Swap"
The email should contain:
1. Your name and complete address
2. Please let me know what color you prefer:
* Pinks and Blue
* Whites and cream
* Winter blues
* Red and Green
* Retro Brights (Fuchsia, pinks, turquoise, red, green, etc.)
3. Let me know what interest you most.
* birds, nest, nature things
* cupcakes, candy canes and kitschy things
* French inspired and elegant things
* typical holiday snowmen, Santa, and reindeer
* Anything as long as roses are involved!
This information must be received by November 1st!
Once sign ups are closed I will group everyone the best I can according to color interest by groups of 4 people. Because ornaments are like potato chips, you can't have just one, each group will be responsible for making 3 ornaments for each member in their group. For example you will make and receive a total of 9 ornaments. You will be responsible for packaging these ornaments in a SAFE and SECURE manor and shipping them to each member of your group. You will have a whole month to make your ornaments and have them shipped out to your partner by November 30th. This way everyone will have their ornaments in time to enjoy them for Christmas.
Please feel free to join us! We would love to have you! I would ask however that you can be a little flexible with me. My goal will be to group you together to help with shipping cost. Therefore you may not be able to be grouped by color interest and might have to be a little flexible in this area. Meaning you might have to make one group member one color, and the next a different color palette. I really appreciate your understanding.
IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS
We all love to receive pretty things carefully constructed with care adored in lovely packaging. So please take this into consideration when making your ornaments. It's simple! Here are a few suggestions to help you out!
- No glue should be showing.
- GOOD glues should be used so parts stay attached and don't arrive in pieces.
- Simply printed images just won't do. Don't be afraid to embellish with love.
- Paper ornaments should be constructed sturdy and not flimsy.
- Don't be afraid to use a little sparkle.
- Bubble wrapping before wrapping in pretty tissue could save your fragile works of art from arriving damaged.
- Let the post office know your box is fragile. Even if it maybe fine, it still doesn't hurt.
- Creative wrapping is always a nice touch.
- A simple pretty note to say hello can warm the heart.
- Courtesy goes a long way! Life happens, and most of us are understanding. Please notify me and your group immediately if something has come up and you are unable to ship on time. I will do my very best to resolve these issues the best I can. All I ask is you keep me informed.
I am really looking forward to this swap and do hope you will join me! Please feel free to post the swap on your facebook page, blog or email and share with others. The more the merrier!
Should you have any question you will find me here: https://www.facebook.com/Tubarozadesign